Welcome to 10Dots studio, a quiet place to find or nurture your inner digital artist. Inspired by the p5.js graphics library, this website aims to provide an online environment to write, view and save p5.js scripts. Please read the FAQ below for details about the website usage. Please contact Chi Nguyen at email@example.com with suggestions for new features or report of errors.
Quick links for using the p5.js graphics library
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I save my work?
A user tag is a random unique sequence of characters and digits which acts a private workspace name. By creating a user tag, you will be able to save up to 10 scripts to that workspace.
- What happens when I save more than 10 scripts in my workspace?
The 10 saved slots work like a first in first out queue. When a new script is saved, the oldest saved script is removed to make room for the new script.
- Is the user tag and workspace free to use?
User tags and workspaces are free to use. Your email, personal information, credit card and signup is NOT required. Creating a user tag immediately generates a new workspace for you to use.
- Can I create and use multiple user tags and workspaces?
Yes. For example, you could have a user tag and workspace for each different project that you are working on.
- Do you provide workshops to learn more about using p5.js to create digital art?
Yes, I organize workshops in the London and southern England area and online workshops using GoToMeeting. Please contact Chi Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org for details about the next scheduled workshops.
- Can you deliver a workshop on site at a school, college or arts center?
Yes, I can visit schools, colleges and arts centers in the UK and Europe to deliver workshops using p5.js and this website. Please contact Chi Nguyen at email@example.com to plan a visit.
- Can someone access the scripts in my workspace if they know my user tag?
Yes, your workspace is accessible if someone knows your user tag. The long and randomly generated user tag sequence is a designed as a compromise between ease of use (e.g. no user registration to create a workspace) and some basic levels of privacy. The website is designed for developing art, please do not keep any personally sensitive information in your workspace.
- Who owns the scripts and the images generated from the scripts in my workspace?
You own the scripts and images generated from the scripts in your workspace. The website does not enforce any form of licensing.
- How do I share one script for public viewing?
Currently, there is no tool to share one script. This feature is in development and expected to be available in April 2017. The new feature will allow users to export a script to a separate permanent URL that can be shared on Facebook or Pinterest. Exported scripts will be collected into a public gallery for users to share their work with the general public.
- What happens if I forget my user tag or URL to my workspace?
Since there is no registration when a user tag is created, it is not possible to find a forgotten user tag. If you forget your user tag, please create a new user tag and remember to bookmark it or record it somewhere easy for you to remember.
- What happens to my user tag and workspace if I don't use it in a while?
Workspaces that have not saved a script in more than 6 months may be deleted to free up system resources.
- How do I make a suggestion or report an error?
Please contact Chi Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions for new features or report of errors.
This website uses the following software libraries:
About the website developer
I took the long way to education and art. After emigrating from Viet Nam to the USA, I received an engineering degree from Harvard University. My previous career in the financial services industry included roles at investment banks, such as Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank, and venture capital firms, funded by shareholders such as News Corporation and Kleiner Perkins. Currently, I work as a university lecturer, interim project manager and freelance programmer.
Use of this site is subject to the following Terms and Conditions
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- 10Dots Design reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- No license is enforced with regards to the scripts source code or images generated by the scripts. 10Dots Design is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind related to the provision of the scripts source code or images generated by the scripts.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures or logos are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will 10Dots Design be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- 10Dots Design does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- 10Dots Design takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
Personal information submitted to 10Dots Design is only used to contact you regarding 10Dots Design activities. Information about visitors to the website is automatically logged for the purposes of statistical analysis. Such information includes the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you visit, referral address, and other technical information such as browser type and operating system.
10Dots Design will not distribute, sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties. We may provide aggregate statistics about website users, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-parties. Such statistical information will not include personally identifying information.
10Dots Design follows the relevant legal requirements and takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard personal information.
Release version 1.32 at 2017/08/30 22:30:59